Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hi, I'm Mrs. Young and Broke and I'm Young and Broke

Hi, I'm Mrs. Young and Broke and I'm young and broke...

(this is where you say: Hi, Mrs. Young and Broke)

I've been young and broke for 25 years (that does still qualify me as young, right?) and I am on a personal mission to change my financial status in life. Then, I will be able to change my name to Mrs. Young and Extremely Rich, which is what I will demand I am called at all times.

I'm a newlywed two days shy of our one year anniversary and we have spent the majority of our first year of marriage and our three years of dating with our head in the sand. Who was that psychologist that characterized learning stages in children? Something about young kids think that if I can't see it, it can't see me? Yeah, umm...we kind of lived by that. If I don't look at what's in my bank account, there might actually be a million freakin' dollars waiting for me in there. Umm..you never know...it could happen.

Now, as we are thinking about options that will make us real live grown-ups (a house payment! kids! paying for our own car insurance!) we know that it's time that we do some serious financial rehabilitation.

Not only that, but I have (how can I put this in a way that you will be able to see my mother's disapproving eyes and hear her oh-so-nice tone? Pshht. Just imagine it.) "champagne taste on a beer budget". And I'm talking like cheap beer here. Like Natty Light or something.

So, I'm in for a change. This blog is going to be my personal reflection and a marker of growth. I vow to be completely honest about my finances (or lackthereof) in the hopes of turning them around. Feel free to support, or point and laugh, along the way.

Mrs. Young and Broke (and soon to be rich)

No comments:

Post a Comment